Obsessive Jeep Disorder January 06 2021, 0 Comments
Hi, My name is Tammy and I have O – J – D.
When I first bought my Jeep, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I didn’t realize the addiction I was instore for. I knew nothing of Jeeps nor this whole new world I was entering.
I kept hearing… It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand. Or Jeep equals Just Empty Every Pocket. Now seven years later I get it. I began to become addicted just a few months after I bought my Jeep. It grabs hold of you quickly and… It’s called Obsessive jeep Disorder.
All us Jeepers get that saying. We say it a lot to our non-Jeep friends and family. We love our Jeeps. Our Jeeps make us happy. Our Jeeps are like a part of the family. For some of us… our Jeep has changed our life. But how do you know if you have Obsessive Jeep Disorder? How do you know if Jeep is your obsession?
- You see the UPS Driver more than you see your friends.
- You have a pile of worn Jeep catalogs in the bathroom for serious reading
- You think about your Jeep even when you are not driving it.
- You park next to any Jeep you see no matter how far you need to walk to your destination.
- You have more pictures of your Jeep on social media than of your kids or your pet.
- You are constantly opening the door to the garage or looking out your window to make sure your Jeep is okay.
- You are constantly buying Jeep parts, whether they are serious mods or silly little accessories, just to get your Jeep Parts fix.
- You ask the hostess at a restaurant to seat you at a table by the window, so you can keep an eye on your Jeep.
- You get angry when your Jeep Wave doesn't get returned.
- You sell your kids Legos so you can buy more Jeep Parts.
One or more of these signs and you have Obsessives Jeep Disorder. To non-Jeep friends and family, they might feel you need to be committed. However, they don’t understand because.. it’s a Jeep Thing.
Remember you are not alone… you are part of a big, wonderful Jeep family! This family is there for you. To help encourage you through this amazing time of your life. They will encourage you to keep buying more Jeep Stuff. They will join in on your outrage for not getting that Jeep wave. They may even give you their old Jeep Parts for support. And… they may even encourage you… to buy another Jeep.
Don’t be ashamed… own that Jeep Life and hold your head high. Walk into that family gathering with confidence knowing you are living the best life out there! Take that Jeep with you everywhere, go to the top of a mountain or through the desert. Don’t let those negative Nellies stop you from your happiness.