Jeep Mom Continues to Simplifying My Life September 23 2013, 0 Comments
Feeling good about the first step made me look for other steps to take. I asked myself "What was taking up my time?" I made a mental list and started to prioritize.
have been reducing the size of my flower beds. Less weeding and less mulch! More time -- More money. I have also been turning them into maintenance free beds. Now there is less junk in my house, on my mind, and in my yard. Next Step -- Time to make a list to clear out the mental clutter.
1. Clear out your "in box" -- CHECK
2. Make a bucket list -- CHECK
3. Delete Old bridges -- CHECK
4. Get rid of things that take up time stressing you out or creating angst. For me it was a bush in the back yard. It had bugged me for seven years. So finally, I just cut it down. Now, I don't have to waste my time thinking about it any more. It's gone -- out of my life. Getting rid of all the small simple issues opens you up to really focus on the bigger issues.
5. Let go of old goals -- CHECK
6. Finish what you started. Get those old projects completed. For me it's a 2011 scrapbook of our Disney trip. My last photo album. Now everything is on the computer -- we watch our photos as slide shows on TV. It only takes a quarter of the time it took to make a scrapbook -- and takes up no space in the house! My goal is to finish this scrapbook this week.
With my plate becoming more an more empty with the not so important life items-- it gives me more time to "Get Healthy", "Spend time with my Family", "Enjoying My Jeep" and "Being Happy!"