Post Date January, 16 2018
It seems every afternoon around 2 or 3 o'clock I feel I need to take a nap. This is called a siesta (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈsjesta]) -- a short nap taken in the early afternoon, often after the midday meal. Such a period of sleep is a common tradition in some countries, particularly those where the weather is warm.
Oh how nice it would be to curl up in my bed and doze for an hour or so. Or even on a nice day lay under the warm sun on my hammock. But there is just too much to get done, I have to find other ways to re-energize that don't take up a lot of time.
So here are my Top 10 ways to give myself that extra boost of energy in the afternoon.
First I answer the following questions...
--Am I sneaking sugar, grains and loads of carbs? NO
--Am I getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night? YES
--Have I slacked of on my exercise? NO
--Am I eating enough healthy fats for energy? YES
If I'm doing all that right, and I'm still lacking the much needed energy there's still hope. I break out my list of tips or energy tricks.
1. Change Task -- Whatever I'm doing at the moment I find a different task to do. A change of scenery always seems to help.
2. Walk Outside -- a short fast paced walk also rejuvenates me.
3. Exercise -- I do a quick 4 minute workout. Four minutes of non-stop cardio pumping exercises. 1 minute jumping jacks, 1 minute push ups, 1 minute lunges and then 1 minute of squats. This really gets the heart pumping and blood flowing.
4. Stretch -- depending on how low my energy is a nice stretch with some soothing music seems to replenish my energy.
5. Cat Nap -- You have to be careful with this one. I make sure I only close my eyes for 5 minutes. Plus, I take my cat naps sitting up, otherwise I will be napping for hours.
6. Hydrate -- I make sure I'm drinking plenty of water with a slice of lemon.
7. Light Lunch -- I'm always mindful to eat my carbs in the morning for breakfast. If I eat a big carb filled lunch it always seems to drag me down.
8. Apples -- a nice juicy Red Delicious apple always seems to hit the spot.
9. Music -- I turn on some of my favorite songs I like to dance to. I'm a big fan of classic rock, and that always seem to give me a re-boost of energy.
10. Blast of Fresh Air --
But of course my favorite way to get my biggest boost of energy is to get a blast of fresh air and sun. The best way to do that is to hop in my Jeep with the op down, turn up the radio, and take a ride. And I'm off to get myself energized!
- Simple Living! - Enjoying Life! - The Jeep Life! -