Jeep Momma's Top Ten Midday Energy Boosting Tricks October 16 2013, 0 Comments
Oh how nice it would be to curl up in my bed and doze for an hour or so. Or even on a nice day lay under the warm sun on my hammock. But there is just too much to get done, I have to find other ways to re-energize that don't take up a lot of time.
So here are my Top 10 ways to give myself that extra boost of energy in the afternoon.
First I answer the following questions...
--Am I sneaking sugar, grains and loads of carbs? NO
--Am I getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night? YES
--Have I slacked of on my exercise? NO
--Am I eating enough healthy fats for energy? YES
If I'm doing all that right, and I'm still lacking the much needed energy there's still hope. I break out my list of tips or energy tricks.
1. Change Task -- Whatever I'm doing at the moment I find a different task to do. A change of scenery always seems to help.
2. Walk Outside -- a short fast paced walk also rejuvenates me.
3. Exercise -- I do a quick 4 minute workout. Four minutes of non-stop cardio pumping exercises. 1 minute jumping jacks, 1 minute push ups, 1 minute lunges and then 1 minute of squats. This really gets the heart pumping and blood flowing.
4. Stretch -- depending on how low my energy is a nice stretch with some soothing music seems to replenish my energy.
5. Cat Nap -- You have to be careful with this one. I make sure I only close my eyes for 5 minutes. Plus, I take my cat naps sitting up, otherwise I will be napping for hours.
6. Hydrate -- I make sure I'm drinking plenty of water with a slice of lemon.
7. Light Lunch -- I'm always mindful to eat my carbs in the morning for breakfast. If I eat a big carb filled lunch it always seems to drag me down.
8. Apples -- a nice juicy Red Delicious apple always seems to hit the spot.
9. Music -- I turn on some of my favorite songs I like to dance to. I'm a big fan of classic rock, and that always seem to give me a re-boost of energy.
10. Blast of Fresh Air --
But of course my favorite way to get my biggest boost of energy is to get a blast of fresh air and sun. The best way to do that is to hop in my Jeep with the op down, turn up the radio, and take a ride. And I'm off to get myself energized!