Confused!? Guards vs Sliders ~~ Are the Same Thing? July 23 2014, 0 Comments

In between sorting the piles and piles of Legos and listing my Lego auctions I spend my time scouring the world wide web for Jeep parts. I've been looking around for replacing my stock side step. I am becoming a little confused the more I look. 

I have seen parts called rock sliders like this one. These look like side guards with a side step but with no underneath armour protection.

Then these are called rocker guards. My guess is these are just tube guards with no side step. But do they have underneath protection?

Then there are these that are called Rocker Guards. They look just like guards with underneath protection more like just armour.  

The names all have me wondering. 

  • Are they just different names but mean the same thing? 
  • Or are sliders just re-enforced side steps to protect the side of your Jeep but not underneath?
  • Are the guards mainly for protecting underneath the Jeep?

  • And will I need a paint protector gasket to protect underneath the rockers once they are installed?

  • And is it necessary to get the body armour? I think I know the answer to this question all ready but thought I'd ponder it anyways. This would all depend on the level of off roading you would do would be my guess.

So my quest for answers continues on the Internet and Jeep forums. 

If I can find myself a trusty welder I was thinking of going with the EVO sliders BUT....

  • What if down the road I want to replace them? 
  • Is welding better then mounting?
  • Do I want to drill holes into my Jeep?

So many choices!!! Well time to get back to the Lego piles. Breaking into the Star Wars Legos. Those Legos are a hot commodity right now. $$$$$ Cha-Ching Cha-Ching $$$$$

                  -- Simple Living! -- Enjoying Life! -The Jeep Momma Way --