Jeep Momma-- into Overdrive to Boost my Metabolism - Shed the Belly Fat! April 01 2014, 0 Comments
A woman's metabolism slows by about 5 percent with each passing decade. Hormones play a role, but mostly it's because as you get older, you typically become less active. As a result, you lose muscle mass, a major consumer of all those calories you scarf down. You can outsmart the aging process with a few tips. If you don't here's what will happen.
- 20s:Your muscle and bone mass are at their peak.
- 30s: Your mitochondria—cellular powerhouses that fuel muscles to use more oxygen and burn more energy—become less effective.
- 40s: A drop in estrogen production further slows metabolism.
- 50s: Sharp decreases in activity reduce the levels of hormones responsible for maintaining lean muscle mass and bone density.
- Eat a good breakfast
- Sipping coffee/tea -- Caffeine -- first thing in the morning
- Drink eight 12 oz glasses of cold water
- Eat protein at every meal
- Drink Greet Tea
- Eat more chili peppers
- More dark leafy greens - spinach, broccoli
- Get plenty of sleep
Calcium-rich afternoon snack -- eight ounces of milk or six ounces of low-fat yogurt.
Calcium helps your body metabolize fat more efficiently by increasing the rate at which it gets rid of fat as waste
Eat Organic - researchers in Canada found that dieters with the most organochlorides (chemicals found in pesticides) stored in their fat cells were the most susceptible to disruptions in mitochondrial activity and thyroid function. In other words -- Their metabolism stalled.
Can't afford a full organic switch check out foodnews.org/fulllist for the most (and the least) contaminated foods.
Slow down strength training -- when lowering the weight count to three and lower it slowly.
Mix up the intensity when running or biking -- short bursts of sprints.